Cauliflower Crusted Pizza
What You’ll Need-
1 head of cauliflower
1 egg *can use egg substitute for vegan option
¼ cup of cornmeal
½ cup of chickpea crumbs
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp garlic powder
What To Do-
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a food processor, process the cauliflower to sand or rice like consistency. Transfer to a strainer lined with paper towel. Press out the excess liquid until the consistency is moist not wet.
3. Move to a large mixing bowl and fluff with a fork. Add in the remaining ingredients, egg, garlic powder, chickpea crumbs, and cornmeal. Mix until the the mixture becomes paste-like.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper press out mini pizza rounds with the “dough”.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes and then rotate the pan and cook for another 15-20 minutes until edges are golden brown.
6. Let cool on sheet and add your favorite toppings. I made 3 pizzas: (1) ricotta and grilled zucchini topped with mozzarella, (2) marinara sauce topped with mozzarella and pecorino romano (3) grandma style: cheese on the bottom and sauce on the top.