Cinnamon Rolls (GF + Vegan)
What You'll Need:
¼ cup water
1 Tbsp. active dry yeast
¼ cup & 1 tsp. coconut sugar
3 cups gluten-free flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. pink salt
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, warm
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
¼ cup vegan butter (Earth Balance)
2 Tbsp. tapioca starch
½ cup organic coconut sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
¼ cup Earth Balance
1 ½ cups organic powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. Earth Balance
2-3 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut milk
½ tsp. vanilla extract
What To Do
- Mix together the warm water with yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Mix ¼ cup sugar, warm coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, and melted vegan butter. Add the water/yeast mixture and mix on low until combined, then add the flour mixture. Continue mixing for 5 minutes then add the sugar and cinnamon.
- Cover counter with plastic wrap and sprinkle tapioca starch.
- Roll dough into rectangle and spread on vegan butter, cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Roll dough towards the center, cut dough into about 1 1/2 inch circles.
- Place rolls into greased pan and cover lightly with towel.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place rolls next to warming oven. Let rise for 45 minutes.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- ICING. Mix together the powdered sugar, vegan butter, coconut milk, and vanilla.
- Serve warm and enjoy!