Roasted Eggplant with Tomatoes and Fresh Mozzarella
What You'll Need-
2 medium eggplants or 1 large eggplant
3 medium tomatoes
6 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt, pepper, oregano and basil to taste
What To Do-
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit. Drizzle olive oil on the bottom of a baking pan or dish.
2. Cut the eggplant into 1/4 inch thick slices, repeat with the tomatoes and fresh mozzarella.
3. Line the bottom of the pan with the eggplant slices, then top with the tomato slices. Add the minced garlic and season with salt, pepper, oregano and basil to taste.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes, then remove the pan briefly to add the fresh mozzarella slices, more spices and more olive oil *if desired.
5. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, then remove from the oven, top with a balsamic drizzle and serve!