Sweet Potato S'mores Cookies
What You'll Need:
2 cups Otto's Cassava Flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
½ cup coconut oil, melted
1 cup sweet potato puree
1 cup coconut sugar
2 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 bag jumbo marshmallows
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix your wet ingredients: melted coconut oil, sweet potato puree, coconut sugar, honey, and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients with your wet ingredients in the larger mixing bowl until a dough forms.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place Tbsps. of batter about a ½ inch apart from each other using an ice cream scooper.
- Use a fork to create crisscross patterns in the dough, as these cookies will not flatten on their own. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cut 1 jumbo marshmallow in half using kitchen shears and place on top of your cookies.
- Broil the tops of the cookies for 2-3 minutes on LOW. Be sure to pay attention to make sure the marshmallows do not burn. Optional: use a baking torch.
- Top with chocolate drizzle, if desired, and ENJOY!